Edinburgh Castle is open daily from 9.30am. Last entry and closing times vary by season. You should allow at least 2 hours to see all of the castle highlights. The castle is busiest from 9.30am to 11am.
|Season||Opens||Last entry||Closing time|
|Summer (1 Aug - 30 Sep)||9.30am||5pm||6pm|
|Winter (1 Oct - 31 Mar)||9.30am||4pm||5pm|
Closing commences 1 hour before the actual closing time.
Following government guidelines you must book your tickets in advance to visit the castle:
Areas/facilities that will be open during your visit:
- All external spaces with visitor access
- Great Hall
- Palace Apartments, the Laich Hall and Antechamber are open (The Mary Room and The Birthing Room will be closed)
- St Margaret’s Chapel
- Mons Meg
- One o’Clock Gun
- Scottish National War Memorial
- The Redcoat Café open as a takeaway service only with a reduced menu offer.
- Red Food Truck on the esplanade serving coffee/tea, cakes and snacks
- Ice cream van on the esplanade
- Audio guides available to hire from the ticket office
- Toilets in Lower Ward (just over the drawbridge) and of Crown Square are open
- Accessible toilet available in the Queen Anne Building (Queen Anne Tea Room remains closed)
Some areas/facilities will remain closed好福利app下载 for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
The castle is closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day (25 and 26 December). On 1 January, we’re open from 11am to 5pm. Normal opening times resume on 2 January.