好福利app下载All visitors, including members, must book their time slot and admission tickets to the castle before entering. Unfortunately, you will not be permitted to visit the castle without a ticket.
We are releasing admission tickets in fortnightly rotations. We will be updating our social media channels and website when more dates are released, but to be among the first to hear sign up to our newsletter.
好福利app下载Please note that ticket prices have been reduced to reflect what will be open to you.
|Ticket type||Admission price|
|Concession (60yrs+ and unemployed)*||£12.40|
好福利app下载Admission prices are subject to change. Children under 5 years old go free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
*Proof of benefit may be requested at the checkpoint. The concession rate doesn’t apply to students.
Areas/facilities that will be open during your visit:
- All external spaces with visitor access
- Great Hall
- Palace Apartments, the Laich Hall and Antechamber are open (The Mary Room and The Birthing Room will be closed)
- St Margaret’s Chapel
- Mons Meg
- One o’Clock Gun
- Scottish National War Memorial
- The Redcoat Café open as a takeaway service only with a reduced menu offer.
- Red Food Truck on the esplanade serving coffee/tea, cakes and snacks
- Ice cream van on the esplanade
- Audio guides available to hire from the ticket office
- Toilets in Lower Ward (just over the drawbridge) and of Crown Square are open
- Accessible toilet available in the Queen Anne Building (Queen Anne Tea Room remains closed)
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
Didn't find everything you need?
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online and show their ticket on entry at the main gate. There is also the option for tickets to printed off at site and then shown at the main gate.
- English Heritage, Manx and CADW members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. The ticket for the person they are caring for must be purchased online and please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and your carer ticket can be sent to you or added to your order if printing at site.
- Current members of the British Armed Forces receive free entry to Edinburgh Castle. Please make an online booking for the paying members of your party. To book a free ticket, please email us at email@example.com, quoting your order number. You will need to bring a valid MOD 90 card when you arrive at site. Please note free entry only applies to the serving member.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2020. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival.
- European Youth cardholders get a 10% discount on an admission ticket bought in person. A valid European Youth card must be shown.
Visiting more of our properties? Learn about the many benefits of Historic Scotland membership
Visiting more than one location?
Why not consider our Membership. We offer a range of membership options to suit everybody, with access to over 70 paid sites.